Friday, March 4, 2011

Kicking, Cravings, and wait what was I doing again?

It has been WAY too long since my last update. I know. Life has just been a little crazy for me lately. So here is the recap:

Week 21 
Our church had revival services with Evangelist Palmer and his family. What an encouraging and refreshing time to once again be reminded how much I fall short of even being close to Christ's likeness! It really was a great time and I learned so many great lessons. The biggest being that I have to humble myself daily. Growing up in a good Christian home, going to church, AWANA, attending a Christian college, and now teaching there. I realized how clever and crafty Satan really is. It is something I have always known, but yet still find he is so easy to listen too, if I am not constantly guarding myself. Again, God taught me some great things about being humble and making sure I make time to spend time with Him every day!

As far as the pregnancy went, this week, I had a wonderful pregnant moment when I locked myself out of my house with no keys! Ha! It was very funny...and yes humbling. I tried calling people I knew who might know how to break into a house using a credit card, but alas no one was able to help me. I was on my way to go to Publix, so when I called my brother I asked if he would be willing to take me. He said yes, and so I did not have to wait outside (although it wasn't like it wasn't 68 degrees with a nice light breeze, it was a beautiful day) but time was not wasted as I was able to accomplish what I had set out to do. In fact the whole reason I was going to Publix was so that I could take advantage of a BOGO deal and coupons that I had printed for ICE CREAM!! Yes, I have found that I LOVE Ice Cream, I don't know if I would call it a "craving" seeing as how I have always liked Ice Cream, but regardless it still being February at the time, I figured if I was going to buy Ice Cream I would have to find a good deal. I did! I got One Pint of Starbucks Carmel Macchiato for only...drum roll please....  .08 cents each. :)

Week 22 & 23
God showed me once again that He still wants to use someone like me to further His kingdom! This last Sunday, I had the opportunity to show a little girl how she could know she was on her way to heaven! It was so amazing. :) After she went through what the Bible said she had to do to be saved, I told her that we were sister's because we were both a part of God's family. She gave me that look like, I don't know about that... so I told her. O.K. I am an older sister! She responded "yea! Definitely older!" :) Ha! I made it to the OLDER status. :) Oh it was so exciting to have another welcomed into God's family!

Still very busy with school! Hard to believe that we are almost half way there! Mid-Terms start next week. WOW!  Time is definitely passing quickly. What else is moving quickly, my little girl! She has answered her Pa's (my father) prayers and loves!! to move around at night. She makes me laugh, because she likes to hit/kick me in succession. She usually does it in groups of three and then waits for about 5 min or so and then hits/kicks me again. The funny part is that as soon as her Daddy puts his hand on my belly, she will stay still. Ha! Ha! Already paying games with Daddy. :) I am getting a little bit bigger each week. I will try to put some pictures up this weekend so you can see my growing belly. Until I find time to do this again, hope you are doing well. 

Rachel

No comments: