Thursday, February 10, 2011

Half Way There!

Wow! O.K. little behind in keep up with the blog so let me recap:

Week 19 - My Mom and Aunt Darlene had already scheduled a trip to visit us in the warmer Florida area. I am happy to report that while they did experience the fact that Florida can get "cold" we were able to provide them with a Saturday of 68. :) Well it just so happened that while they were here I had my ultrasound scheduled to find out what we were having. It was so great to have them here and Kevin's Mom got to come as well. 
Live Changing Experience:
The tech started and the first thing I was astounded with was the change in size! She (yea, I'm just going to say it here... She is a girl!!) In my mind, she was so big! Kevin later corrected me and said that at 11oz she was not big, but rather "more developed" than the last time we saw her. Whatever the correct term :) it was so incredible to watch her move around as the tech took pictures and described where she was. How is it that your heart can love someone so much without even meeting them?? It was great to watch her kick and punch inside of me. I still don't feel her little punches distinctly, but every once and while I can feel her moving around. More in the evenings than during the day. As I stood focused on the screen in front of me, the tech would make me laugh as she would point out that she kept her mouth open a majority of the time....hmmm?? I think she might be a talker?? Where might she get that from? She also liked to keep her little fits closed. The tech would poke on my belly to get her to do what we wanted. She did open one of her hands for a bit and we were able to get her fingers. When the tech tried to get her heart rate, surprise surprise she would not sit still and it took several tries but eventually she clocked in at 155mph. Again, so awe inspiring to listen to such a sound.

The verdict:
After the ultrasound, I met with the doctor who said everything looks great! However, due to my daughter's movement, the tech was not able to get a good picture of the heart and the eyes...so I get to have another one! It will be late March...oh bummer right?? I get to see that precious life once again. Yea! Sooo I know some of you are wondering.. what was Kevin's reaction?? He is so excited to be a Dad, but let's be honest he is a boy so naturally all guys want to have a boy...really though I think he is just worried that she will have him wrapped around his little finger. God knows exactly what He is doing and I have no doubt that a little girl is exactly what we both need. :)
Girl Clothes: 
Remember how I mentioned that my Mom & Aunt were down, well let's face it girl clothes are more fun to shop for...so we did. :) Meme (that is what my Mom will be called..pronounced meh-may not Me Me.) was so kind and gracious and bought some adorable outfits. One of my favorites is listed below. O.K. two of my favorites! It is not pink, but don't worry, there were plenty of pink clothes bought!! What a blessing to have people who care so much. 


Week 20:
So where am I know? Well, things are going good. I have the energy I need during the day to teach and come home and get ready for the next day. That is always a plus! I feel like I look pregnant. I can still fit into some of my old clothes, but they are snug. I am extremely thankful for belly bands as it is next to impossible to find nice, modest, and long maternity skirts. So I can continue to wear my current ones and the belly band let me grow in them. Other than my daughter loving to stomp on my bladder everything else seems to be just fine. Even the heartburn has made an exit. I still find it a little odd that I am not "craving" anything. Yes, I like to snack in the afternoon before dinner, but I never "crave" anything. So I guess that is a good thing. Speaking of odd, I have had some pretty odd dreams. None lately, but a couple of weeks ago...hmmm? Not sure what to make of those. If I have any more good ones, I will be sure to share. 
Thanks again for taking time to read what is happening in my life. Feel free to leave comments and I hope you have a great week. Until next time!



1 comment:

Miss said...

Rachel, so excited for you. Congrats on the girl! YAY I can shop now!!! Breanna is so excited to have another baby girl cousin! Love you Aunt Missy